We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LA to Vancouver

Surrey
Level Contributor
63 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
LA to Vancouver

We are planning our trip for Spring 2013.

We want to fly to LA from London drive to Seattle and get the train to Vancouver where we will stay with friends. We then want to fly home from Vancouver.

Looking at flights it does not seem to be possible to get one way flights without paying a fortune.

We plan to be away for a month.

Any help will be appreciated.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LA to Vancouver

OK, I would ask this specific question at the TA Air Travel Forum, as they deal with just flights, and would have more people "in the know" about the specific question you asked... Here is the direct link, where you should repost your question.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,262 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LA to Vancouver

I find many flights from London to LA and then from Vancouver to London for about USD $1,500 round trip. Is that considered a "fortune"?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,508 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LA to Vancouver

I think 1500 for a RT from London is quite expensive but I would suggest the OP shop around and find the best airports to get in and out of North America. Perhaps Seattle may be better or you could fly cheap on a domestic flight within the US and get a cheaper round trip. You have to work around the various option. Try kayak.com and bing.com/travel

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
576 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LA to Vancouver

You don't need to look at 2 one way tickets. Just do a multi-city search. This will give you the benefit of a round trip price, which is usually cheaper for international travel. When traveling within the US, it makes sense to search both round trip and one way, because many round trips are nothing but 2 one way fares added together. I've often found it cheaper with more convenient flights to book 2 one way fares with different airlines.

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LA to Vancouver

One way UK flights to and from USA are hugely expensive. You can usually book a multicity journey flying in to one airport and out of the other with most major airlines. We are doing similar this year and have had no problem with fares being equivalent to a 'normal' return. In fact it's cheaper to book 'normal' returns to both the cities you are visiting and then not use the part of the journey you are not taking.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,853 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LA to Vancouver

You may also want to check the prices of flying home from Seattle instead of Vancouver. There are both trains and buses going between the two cities - the deluxe tour coach type of bus.

As suggested above, do a "multi-city" search. If you need help with this, click on the blue link in post #1 above and it will take you to the Air Travel forum :-)

Sometimes you will find lower prices if your dates are flexible, or if you stay 30 days instead of 31, so try different options.

Edited: 17 July 2012, 23:23
Surrey
Level Contributor
63 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LA to Vancouver

Thanks for all your suggestions.

The multi city link on ebookers looks to meet our need.

8. Re: LA to Vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2013, 06:17