We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bicycle Hire or Buy

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
483 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Bicycle Hire or Buy

Hi All,

We'll (me and husband) be arriving in California at the end of July and are going:

LAX - Cambria (1) - Santa Cruz (2) - San Francisco (4) - Mammoth Lakes (4) - Las Vegas (3) - San Diego (4).

From these we'd probably like to rent bikes in Santa Cruz, San Francisco, Mammoth Lakes and San Diego.

With this in mind, should we buy bikes (I guess from Walmart or equivalent) to use over the course of the trip or rent bikes when we get there? We'll probably just be doing a few hours a day exploring over multiple days, which makes me wonder whether it would be more economical to buy cheapy bikes when we arrive? We'll be renting a Ford Escape or similar, would there be space in a car that size for bikes and luggage?

Do hotels normally have somewhere to leave bikes?

It might just be easier and cheaper to rent from each location we need them, but I thought I would ask if anybody has tried this before?

Kind Regards

Susan

1. Re: Bicycle Hire or Buy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2013, 05:17