We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how many nights where???

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
how many nights where???

Hi all.

I was looking for some advice....

I am currently bbok for 2 nights in Pismo Beach then driving to San Diego for 3 nights

Some people have suggested I stay some where in between the 2 as it is a long drive

so...the question I have is shall i stay one night in pismo beach instead of 2 then the other in another location closer to san diego or

keep the 2 nights in pismo beach one night in another location and then 2 nights in san diego rather then 3 ???

any help is much appreciated

Mentioned in this post
Pismo Beach
Pismo Beach
San Luis Obispo County, CA
San Diego
San Diego
California
California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how many nights where???

For us Californians the 5.5 hour drive between Pismo and SD isn't that bad. Lots of great scenery to make the drive lovely. I don't know if there is a good stopping point between the two however. I might be inclined just to keep your plans the way they are.

Mentioned in this post
Pismo Beach
Pismo Beach
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
56,014 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how many nights where???

Don't know . What do you want to do for 2 days in Pismo beach ? Are you skipping LA ? San Diego is a huge city with plenty to do compared to Pismo so perhaps a night in Santa Barbara and one in Pismo would be better. But there are so many cities enroute and so much to do so you may need to provide more info if strangers can help you.

Mentioned in this post
San Diego
San Diego
California
Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara
California
Pismo Beach
Pismo Beach
London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how many nights where???

I was hoping to drive through LA to briefly see some sights on the way to San Diego and didnt know if that would add too much time on the 5.5 hour drive?

Mentioned in this post
San Diego
San Diego
California
4. Re: how many nights where???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 August 2012, 16:35
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
65,491 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how many nights where???

It sounds like you have not really thought about what you'd like to see/do in each place. That is how I usually decide how much time is needed in each stop.

Los Angeles is a major city so not sure which "few sights" you'd like to see there on your way to San Diego?? I'd take a little time to think this through and then post back with your ideas.

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
San Diego
San Diego
California
London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how many nights where???

Thanks for your help. Your right I havent done much planning at all yet as my trip isnt until 2013

I will do some research first and then ask for some help when I have a list of things I actually want to do/see

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
66,622 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how many nights where???

The Top Questions on the L.A. forum page is loaded with great ideas. I suggest reading the Top Q & the Itineraries (upper right) for each destination you're considering. Read relevant forum threads. Then when you're ready, post a new question with details about your travel style, travel group, budget, and anything else that will help TA members to give good suggestions.

Happy Planning!

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
21,386 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how many nights where???

Where are you coming from before Pismo Beach and what are your priorities for visiting Pismo? That will determine whether or not to keep those 2 nights in Pismo or not. As previously mentioned, the Pismo to San Diego drive can be done in a day. But there is a lot to see/do en route, if you plan to do any sightseeing in Santa Barbara or LA along the way.

Pismo Beach and Santa Barbara are less than an hour and a half apart from each other, so not really a good midway stop between Pismo and San Diego, IMO. Santa Monica, Huntington Beach or Laguna would probably be better midway choices.

Mentioned in this post
Pismo Beach
Pismo Beach
San Diego
San Diego
California
Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara
California
Santa Monica
Santa Monica
California
Huntington Beach
Huntington Beach
Orange County, CA
Laguna Beach
Laguna Beach
Orange County, CA
London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how many nights where???

I am driving from San Fransisco to Las Vegas stopping off at Carmel, Pismo Beach, and San Diego. This was a trip that was suggested to me and as it sounded so amazing i decided to book it without any specific ideas of what I wanted to do.

I have long enough to look into each place and and decide exactly what to see and do. Just wanted a little advice if i had made the correct choice on booking those amount of nights in those locations

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Carmel
Carmel
Monterey County, CA
Pismo Beach
Pismo Beach
San Diego
San Diego
California
Roseville...
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: how many nights where???

One night in Pismo is enough. Add a night in LA or SD.

Mentioned in this post
Pismo Beach
Pismo Beach