We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fox Car Rental Company

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Fox Car Rental Company

We are planing a trip to Disneyland and San Diego and are booking a car; so far Fox Car rental has the cheepest price picking it up at airport in Anahime annd returning in San Diego airport. Does anyone have any comments about Fox Car Rental. Thanks

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,398 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fox Car Rental Company

I would do a search in the CA forums on Fox Car Rental.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,470 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fox Car Rental Company

I have not seen one good review or recommendation about that company. Cheap as you may know does not mean good.

Florida
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fox Car Rental Company

I just picked up 2 vehicles from Fox in Salt Lake City. The cars i expected to receive were not available. Had to change one of the vehicles 3 times because things did not work properly. Both cars were run thru a wash came with water dripping from them. The interior windows probably had not been cleaned since the cars were new and we only realized this at night when we were not able to see out the windows because of the glare from the oncoming traffic . I had to stop and get cleaning supplies and clean both cars myself to avoid having an accident. Lastly the price quoted on the internet did not include all the tax add on's, etc. so the final price was significantly higher then the confirmation.

I DO NOT recommend this company! Aviod them if you can!

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fox Car Rental Company

It is not a "Top-Tier" company, and as mentioned above, search around for reviews.

The main companies.

Hertz/Advantage

Avis/Budget

Enterprise/Alamo/National

Dollar/Thrifty

Now, last Sunday, Hertz entered into a definite deal with Dollar/Thrifty, which means that sometime in the next few months, you will have Hertz/Dollar/Thrifty, and Advantage will be sold off to a third party, which will take Advantage out of the "Top-Tier".

…providencejournal.com/cars/2012/08/hertz-fi…

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,470 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fox Car Rental Company

I would also search the LA forum for Dollar rental car issues. I have seen more bad reviews of Dollar on the sub forums than I have of Fox which does not mean Fox is better but my point is that I would not rent from either of those companies no matter what is being implied or insinuated in the previous post. It does not matter who own Dollar or if that deal goes through. It takes time for any of the companies policies to trickle down to a rental car counter,

Edited: 30 August 2012, 22:09
Charlotte
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fox Car Rental Company

Recently used Fox in Salt Lake City. Was very pleased with the service and car. No issues at all. Only downside is that the car center is off-airport. Buses run frequently so our wait was less than 10 minutes.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fox Car Rental Company

The only ones who have positive things to say about FOX rent a car, oddly, are usually first-time posters.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course....

Research the horror stories about Fox in the reviews, or do a search in the Las Vegas forum...

Utah
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fox Car Rental Company

I just rented a compact in Orange County SNA and returned it 3 days later at LAX. Nothing but good to say and boy was I leery. They seem to share counter space, check in and shuttles at both airports. I will use them again.

Edited: 02 June 2013, 20:11
Put in Bay, Ohio
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Fox Car Rental Company

Fox Car Rental Company is probably the worst company to deal with,they may be cheap but they are ruthless. 4 times I have had bad experiences with this company, 2 in Florida and 2 in California. Twice I have arrived in the Orlando office only to be told that our luggage will not fit in their full size rental car. I was told that for an additional 90 dollars I could upgrade to a larger car. So I requested to see the trunk area of the car size I had requested, and their was no problem getting the luggage into my requested size car. When I declined the insurance coverage than the mood of the counter person really became not very nice. Brought the car back one day early and they charged me an early return fee which equals the cost of the extra day. The list goes on and on with them avoid this company at all costs.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,470 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fox Car Rental Company

>>>>4 times I have had bad experiences with this company, 2 in Florida and 2 in California.

Rent four times and then find TA to complain. Excellent.