We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Diego Safari Park

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
San Diego Safari Park

We are visiting San Diego next month and want to see the safari park, and don't really want to rent a car. Are there tour companies that can get us to the safari park and back to hotel in San diego?

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Diego Safari Park

Alas, no...

Using public transit, you can take the Coaster or Amtrak Train from the central SD area to the Oceanside Train Station, and then switch to the Breeze Light Rail system to Escondido. And then a taxi from Escondido to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. You are looking at the train fare plus about a $40 taxi fare (each way).

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,611 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Diego Safari Park

Hi,

I have no personal experience with this company but they DO advertise bus transport from San Diego to the Safari Park:

www.allsandiegotours.com/body.asp…

San Diego...
Level Contributor
331 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: San Diego Safari Park

If you really want to go to the Safari Park, it is a great park but only if you go on the extra rides. Going all the way using some bus or train or a combo to do the tram ride will imho be a huge let down.

When you say we, who is the we ? How about just doing the zoo only. More convenient.

So Cal
Level Contributor
8,165 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Diego Safari Park

I have to disagree with this statement: "it is a great park but only if you go on the extra rides." I've never done the extras, and I've always loved it. Obviously your mileage may vary.

HOWEVER, given your transportation issues, the safari park might be more trouble and money than it's worth for this trip. The zoo, on the other hand, is accessible by bus/trolley etc.

5. Re: San Diego Safari Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2013, 10:17