We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon sept 2013

Dublin
Level Contributor
85 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon sept 2013

Hi guys, I'm getting married in Sept and my partner and i have decided on a action packed California fly drive.. rather than a chilling on a beach. I brought siobhain my partner to San Fran for 21st and we fell in love with it... Particularly a little restaurant called frascati which we plan to start our trip in. So I'd like some opinions on my rough itinerary, flying into San Fran and staying there for 4 nights, then hire a car and head for Napa valley for 2 nights. From there head for Yosemite for a night then through tioga pass onto mamoth lake for a night. From there we head for Death Valley maybe a night there and finishing in Viva Las Vegas to party for a few days... We have 2 and a half weeks so what do you guys think? Will this be an adventure? Any suggestions would be much appreciated..

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
49,530 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon sept 2013

Well Congrats !! OregonJohn a frequent contributor to the SF Forum wil be thrilled with your Frascati comment. Overal your plan looks fine. It is a lot of driving so I guess since you call it fly drive and don't want to chill, looks good Not sure what suggestions you are looking for.

Yosemite reservations are a must right away and please book all hotels now with a refundable rate so that you can get a better deal later on.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,014 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon sept 2013

Excellent plan. The Top Questions about California in the upper right has an article about the drive between Las Vegas & Yosemite. The Top Questions about Yosemite (on the Yosemite page) has info about the lodging options. belo is right; making Yosemite reservations now is is highly recommended.

Best wishes.

Dublin
Level Contributor
85 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon sept 2013

Well guys thanks a million for your help, we want an adventure and not your usual honeymoon! I'll keep an eye out on here for good suggestions while im planning.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon sept 2013

Great trip but I think only one night for Yosemite will be very short. I'd add one or 2 nights. Between Yosemite and Mammoth Lakes make the detour to Bodie Ghosttown and see Mono Lake and June Lake loop. You can do that in one day.

Washington State
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
58,014 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon sept 2013

Ah Tet... you're 'stealing' the Tuolumne Meadows time I was hoping the Original Poster had planned. But with another day (or two), more things are possible!

... My idea ....

Day 7: Drive 5 hrs Napa to Yosemite Valley. Maybe Glacier Point for sunset. Stay Yosemite Valley.

Day 8: Either more time in Yosemite Valley in the morning or walk down to Tuolumne Grove of Giant Sequoias. Tuolumne Meadows all afternoon. Sleep Mammoth Lakes.

Day 9: Continue south on Hwy 395.

... With another night ....

Day 7: Drive to Mariposa Grove. Stay Yosemite Valley or Yosemite West.

Day 8: Yosemite Valley & Glacier Point. Stay Yosemite Valley or Yosemite West.

Day 9: Tuolumne Meadows in the AM, maybe Bodie or Mono Lake in the afternoon.

----

Here is that article about the drive between LV & Yosemite: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g28926-c182361

Level Contributor
35,013 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon sept 2013

What is your budget for Napa Valley? :)

Dublin
Level Contributor
85 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon sept 2013

Hi guys, this is great advice thank you, regarding our budget for Nappa I notice its rather expensive as its harvest time, I was looking at some of the other towns other than nappa itself. I was thinking 300-350 euro for 2 nights...

Washington State
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
58,014 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon sept 2013

Hi KerryFootballer

In most cases, you'll get the absolute best advice by posting on the city/destination forum where you want to visit. Share your budget in local currency, the date you hope to visit, your travel style, and the area you'd like to stay (if you know.) Some of the folks who post on the Napa Valley or Sonoma forums do not check the overall California forum.

Roseville...
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon sept 2013

Best if you can quote prices in US dollars.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon sept 2013

$ 375,-- to $ 435,--