We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any tips on leg compressors for airflight?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Any tips on leg compressors for airflight?

I'm interested in leg compressors, as seen in travel clothing magazines, because of claims of DVT.

I have no health problems. But if there is a chance to stay healthy I'd like to use. (Also suppose to be good for varicose veins, or prevent them?)

Has anyone used these and what are their experiences?

One brand/type better than another and why?

I'm interested in the ones that go to the ankle only/has no foot.

Is there a forum on TA for general travel questions/tips/advice like mine?

I saw somewhere, where people were venting about airlines and were giving tips about flying, was it this site and where do I find that? Many thanks.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,603 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any tips on leg compressors for airflight?

I uses something like these for long flights overseas. My doctor recommended Jobst brand. It's all I've used and they are comfortable.

compressionsale.com/activa-sheer-therapy-ope…

They can be bought from a medical supply store near you or sometimes a pharmacy, too.

K30
Cornwall
Level Contributor
704 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any tips on leg compressors for airflight?

Try searching/asking on the air travel forum. There are some seriously knowledgable people that contribute there and I have seen this question come up once or twice. Never used it but maybe the travel gear and gadgets forum too.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any tips on leg compressors for airflight?

OH THANK YOU!! i only saw countries and needed to be redirected. as much as i travel, i really need to get out of my own forum and explore TA!!!! LOL!

4. Re: Any tips on leg compressors for airflight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2014, 06:16