We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East coast guy in need of itinerary suggestions

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
801 posts
262 reviews
Save Topic
East coast guy in need of itinerary suggestions

My wife, parents and brother(all in good health and from the east coast) are taking a trip in very early July. We enjoy beautiful scenery, reading while listening to waves, good food and drink, and mild hikes. We enjoy nature, but also would like to be in the vicinity of good restaurants and such. We would prefer to stay away from towns that are too touisty.

How does this sound?

Fly into San Francisco and drive to Mendocino.

Spend 3 nights in Mendocino

Drive to Trinidad Ca, and spend one or two nights(is there enough to do there for two nights?)

Drive to Yachats and spend 2 or 3 nights.

Drive to either Bend or Hood river and spend two or three nights.

I am leaning toward Hood River because it is closer to Portland than Bend, and it seems like there is more of a variety of things to do like wine tasting.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: East coast guy in need of itinerary suggestions

Sounds fine to me. Make sure to post in the Oregon forum also. As far as Bend or Hood River, that's something you'll need to decide after you read about each location. Totally different towns with totally different stuff to see/do.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,826 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: East coast guy in need of itinerary suggestions

I also might post in the Road Trip Forum and ask.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Tri…

3. Re: East coast guy in need of itinerary suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2014, 05:17