We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Attraction tickets

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Attraction tickets

I am planning a trip with family to California. Wanted to check whether buying attraction tickets from www.welcometosocal.com is fine. Don't want to be caught in a scam!

Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Attraction tickets

Hello, Vribala, and welcome to TripAdvisor and the California forum.

I've never heard of this Internet site or magazine, but that doesn't mean they're not legitimate. Instead of sending them your money for tickets, I would instead deal directly with the source (Disneyland, Sea World, Legoland, Universal Studios, etc.)

I will add that there is such a thing as the Southern California City Pass, and they are legit. Link here: www.citypass.com/southern-california…

The Southern California 2-Park Flex Ticket is also marketed by them, as is the Hollywood CityPass.

The San Diego 3-for-1 Pass appears to be marketed by a different Internet site company/name, smartdestinations.com, link here: smartdestinations.com/san-diego-attractions-… Go Los Angeles Card is theirs as well, as is the Go San Diego Card and San Diego's Fabulous Four Combo.

So there you have it. Deal directly through the source is my way of being sure I'm not being ripped off. There is a source I trust for attraction ticket discounts, Mousesavers, whose link for the Southern California City Pass is here: mousesavers.com/southern-california-citypass/ A comparison chart of trusted ticket discounters on Mousesavers is here: mousesavers.com/southern-california-multi-at… You'll note that smartdestinations.com's various "Go" cards are listed there.

Please feel free to ask more questions as needed in your search for your attraction tickets. You'll find the forum members here very helpful to you.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Attraction tickets

Thanks! Got better discount in the sites mentioned by you :)

3. Re: Attraction tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2014, 05:19