We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

'Same Time Next Year' with Alan Alda: movie hotel?

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Topic
'Same Time Next Year' with Alan Alda: movie hotel?

Did this hotel exist? Does it still exist and is it up and running? The setting was stunning in the movie. Is there something similar to this hotel somewhere else on the California coast? Thank-you!

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,149 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 'Same Time Next Year' with Alan Alda: movie hotel?

Heritage House in Little River, just south of the town of Mendocino. It had been closed for some time, but may be reopened by now. Not sure.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,685 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 'Same Time Next Year' with Alan Alda: movie hotel?

Supposedly Heritage House will reopen in June. Here is their website.

http://heritagehouseresort.com/

I don't remember the exact setting of the inn in the movie, but you might look at The Stanford Inn by the Sea, Glendeven Inn and the Brewery Gulch Inn. There are lots of other spots on the CA coast too.

Other than that, I'd go to the Mendocino forum.

Here is a thread from that forum that talks about Heritage House having a soft opening in June of this year.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g32701-i820-k41327…

Edited: 17 April 2013, 16:28
Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 'Same Time Next Year' with Alan Alda: movie hotel?

Thank-you! I think it looks stunning and hope to visit this reincarnation!

Fort Bragg...
Level Contributor
418 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 'Same Time Next Year' with Alan Alda: movie hotel?

It hasn't reopened yet seems some mysterious owners, some work going on article in las t weeks Mendocino Beacon.

California
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 'Same Time Next Year' with Alan Alda: movie hotel?

The Heritage House Resort (at Little River) is now opened. My DH & I have stayed in the past & have eaten at the restaurant. It is a very romantic place with dramatic ocean views. We are currently staying in the area & on our way from one inn to the next (from Albion to Mendocino...Little River lies between the two) I had my DH do a turn about when I saw the open sign. I peeked in & spoke to a very nice lady Stephanie and without even taking a tour I immediately booked a stay for this Friday & restaurant reservation. I am so looking forward to it. I will post a review & pics. Funny is we purchased the movie Same time next year to take with us (we love the movie & song)...now we will be staying again at this much beloved place. They have a website: heritagehouseresort.com

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,966 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 'Same Time Next Year' with Alan Alda: movie hotel?

Great thread, good to hear it's opening and thriving again. I think the Mendocino Coast is just in general...very dramatic and romantic.

San Francisco...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: 'Same Time Next Year' with Alan Alda: movie hotel?

It is indeed the Heritage House. I'm happy to say I'll be staying there for the second time in year this coming November. Like no other place I've stayed before. Pure luxury, with still a few kinks to work out. A great bar too!

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: 'Same Time Next Year' with Alan Alda: movie hotel?

Is this Inn still operating?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 'Same Time Next Year' with Alan Alda: movie hotel?

Google is your friend: http://heritagehouseresort.com/

Their site indicates that after 5 years the inn has reopened.

10. Re: 'Same Time Next Year' with Alan Alda: movie hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2015, 06:16