We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Bed and Breakfasts N. CA coast

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best Bed and Breakfasts N. CA coast

Hi there,

Driving from Grants Pass, OR and staying a night somewhere between Eureka and Mendocino and looking for a Bed and Breakfast, staying Sat. 7/6-7/7... any good spots? Really doesn't matter exactly where between those two location.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Eureka
Eureka
Humboldt County, CA
Mendocino
Mendocino
Mendocino County, CA
California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Bed and Breakfasts N. CA coast

Any budget we should be aware of?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Bed and Breakfasts N. CA coast

Oh, forgot that - something under 160 probably....doable?

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,645 posts
1,084 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Bed and Breakfasts N. CA coast

*Between* the two towns there is not a lot!

Garberville has the Benbow Inn - doubt if breakfast is included, though. The Scotia Inn might be an option. There are several B&Bs in Ferndale, a few miles off 101.

Westport on the coast (Hwy 1) has a couple of places, including Howard Creek Ranch.

None of the above are about "halfway" though if that's what you're looking for?

Mentioned in this post
Garberville
Garberville
Humboldt County, CA
Scotia Inn
Scotia Inn
105 Reviews
Scotia, CA
Ferndale
Ferndale
Humboldt County, CA
Howard Creek Ranch
Howard Creek Ranch
176 Reviews
Westport, CA
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Bed and Breakfasts N. CA coast

We are traveling to SF the next day so I am thinking anywhere between those two locations would be a "doable drive" the next day.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,645 posts
1,084 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Bed and Breakfasts N. CA coast

I'd probably just drive to Mendocino or Fort Bragg. Fort Bragg is only about 3-4 hours from Eureka.

Mentioned in this post
Mendocino
Mendocino
Mendocino County, CA
Fort Bragg
Fort Bragg
Mendocino County, CA
Eureka
Eureka
Humboldt County, CA
Nevada
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Bed and Breakfasts N. CA coast

We very much enjoy the Little River Inn in Little River, CA located two miles south of Mendocino, CA Their web site is www.littleriverinn.com This is not a bed and breakfast, but you just have to love it anyway!

The Little River Inn has a full-blown restaurant. OK, they make real Swedish pancakes (like crepes) and they use the real ingredients -- real butter, real eggs, whipped egg whites folded into the batter just like my mama made them.

Their Victorian rooms in the main lodge are running around $130.00 a night. The best -- the only one -- to stay in of the Victorian rooms is the one with two double beds right above Ole's Whale Watch Bar. (Don't worry about bar noise, it isn't a rowdy-type bar -- my gosh, families walk through the bar to get to the restaurant). I've stayed in this room several times.

Anyway, what I was going to say is that the bathroom for this room is quite tiny (small shower) so if that puts you off, now you know.

However, the unobstructed ocean views through the picture windows of this large second story room are unmatched -- but no outdoor balcony to this room. Remember, it's the Victorian Room with TWO DOUBLE BEDS -- this is the room that you want. The Victorian Room with one double bed has very lousy views (politely say *No thanks*) -- it is a very small room with one very very very small window.

Yes, there are other types of rooms at higher prices, so ask about those as well.

Mentioned in this post
Little River Inn
Little River Inn
756 Reviews
Little River, CA
Little River
Little River
Mendocino County, CA
Mendocino
Mendocino
Mendocino County, CA
San Diego Whale Watch
San Diego Whale Watch
513 Reviews
San Diego, CA
7. Re: Best Bed and Breakfasts N. CA coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 05:17