We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Sur

New Jersey
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Big Sur

I am booking a Princess coastal cruise and wanted to know if I will be able to really see Big Sur or if the ship will be too far from the coast.

Thanks!

Linda

Mentioned in this post
Big Sur
Big Sur
California
1. Re: Big Sur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2013, 11:13
Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
21,416 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Big Sur

Hi Linda

Wish I could answer this for you, but, honestly, I've never seen a cruise ship while traveling up or down Highway 1 through Big Sur. Perhaps because the Big Sur coast has many rocky outcroppings in the water that would make it too dangerous for ships to follow the coast too closely.

Mentioned in this post
Big Sur
Big Sur
California
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,964 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Big Sur

I don't think that the cruise ships come anywhere near the Big Sur coast.....as Kibblesmom says, too dangerous.

Mentioned in this post
Big Sur
Big Sur
California
San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
19,077 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Big Sur

You might ask this on Cruise Critic or ask Princess Cruises. I think this is one of those questions that can only be answered by someone who has first-hand experience.

5. Re: Big Sur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 05:16