We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight sales traveling to Los angeles or San Francisco nov

newcastle
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Topic
Flight sales traveling to Los angeles or San Francisco nov

Hello everyone my family and I are traveling to USA in November and was wondering when the sales come on for flights to either Los Angeles or San Francisco any info would be very helpful thank you :)

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,202 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight sales traveling to Los angeles or San Francisco nov

There are no sales.

Just keep looking at some of the Internet sites like Kayak, Expedia, and Priceline (to name only a few) to find something within your budget.

Try other airlines like JetBlue, Turkish Airlines, Lufthansa, that sometimes offer better deals.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,535 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight sales traveling to Los angeles or San Francisco nov

I know of no sales, nor any specific time that sales occur. It's different every day, sometimes every hour - prices change.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight sales traveling to Los angeles or San Francisco nov

You can use the web sites mentioned above like www.kayak.com to send you price alerts via email when there's a good deal available.

Chula Vista...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight sales traveling to Los angeles or San Francisco nov

Hi,

You can even sign up here on TA for fare alert emails. Just enter or originating and destination city(ies) and your email address and TA will send an alert to you. (You can do that with the other sites, too.)

Also, keep in mind that Thursday, 28 November is our Thanksgiving holiday. For many that turns into a four-day holiday weekend and it is unequivocally our busiest travel weekend of the year. Period.

Airports, railroad stations, and roads will be jammed with people that Wednesday and Thursday, and again on Sunday and Monday. Bad weather usually hits a major transportation hub somewhere in the north (NYC, Chicago) and causes further travel woes that can ripple across the nation with delayed or canceled flights.

You don't say when in November you'll be here, but I recommend doing everything you can to avoid traveling during that Wednesday through Monday period.

If you are here during that weekend, make your reservations NOW.

By the way, the Friday after Thanksgiving is our biggest shopping day of the year and it kicks off the Christmas shopping season with huge sales that will pack shopping malls and discount stores. People will line up at midnight to be the first in line when the store opens at 6 AM. It's pure insanity. :-)

I hope you can find a good fare and enjoy your trip.

Zed

Edited: 15 June 2013, 17:29
West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,409 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight sales traveling to Los angeles or San Francisco nov

It's all about supply and demand. If there is an upsurge in sales for the LHR-LAX route, prices will climb. Two days ago, i was looking at flights in late December. Yesterday, fares doubled on that route -- on all the airlines.

Don't give up, though. Sometimes, that raise prices in expectation of high demand and then reduce them later when sales fall short. in other words, pull out your crystal ball.

6. Re: Flight sales traveling to Los angeles or San Francisco nov

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 05:17