We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch suggestion for road trip Monterey to Yosemite

washington, d.c.
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Topic
Lunch suggestion for road trip Monterey to Yosemite

Hello!

My daughters and I will be driving from Monterey or Big Sur to Yosemite on a Thursday in August, as part of a road trip down the coast, Yosemite, and ending in San Francisco. I would love to find an interesting place to stop for lunch along the way.

My guess is that we will be looking for a place closer to the coast than central CA or near Yosemite, based on our schedule. I was looking at the Big Artichoke restaurant in Castroville - it sounds kind of fun and funky, maybe a little bit kitschy, which might be just what we are looking for (and we love artichokes).

This is not an urgent issue, but I would welcome any suggestions for an interesting place to stop. I think we will be taking the 156-152-140 route.

Thanks very much!

Hefei 98

Chevy Chase, MD

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch suggestion for road trip Monterey to Yosemite

I always enjoy the Casa De Fruta Restaurant off CA 152 just east of Gilroy.

washington, d.c.
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch suggestion for road trip Monterey to Yosemite

spap, thanks for the suggestion.

We will look forward to Casa De Fruta; it sounds a lot like a large produce market we always stop at on our way down to the Outer Banks in North Carolina.

Hefei 98

Chevy Chase, MD

3. Re: Lunch suggestion for road trip Monterey to Yosemite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2014, 06:18