We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Graduation Road Trip?

Rancho Cucamonga...
1 post
Save Topic
Graduation Road Trip?

Hi, me and my friends were planning to go on some sort road trip along highway 1 and finding a bunch of unknown amazing camping spots on the way? I know it won't take that long, but we wanted to lengthen the trip. we were thinking maybe 4 or 5 days? So if anyone knows of any amazing campgrounds that barely anyone knows about, that would be a great help :) thanks.

Lasting Adventures
Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Desert Adventures Red Jeep Tours & Events
Beer Tastings & Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Eco Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Private Tours
Yosemite Family Adventures
Private Tours, Night Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Malibu Wine Hikes
Walking Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Hiking & Camping Tours
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,240 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Graduation Road Trip?

If "barely anyone knows about" them, then putting them on this board would fix THAT fast, yes? :~)

I don't know if such a thing exists. Most of the legal campgrounds are well listed. You should start there.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,188 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Graduation Road Trip?

Which part of highway 1?

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,984 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Graduation Road Trip?

There aren't any hidden secret campgrounds, I'm afraid. But the ones closest to Malibu are often emptier on weekdays. The ones closer to SB fill up year round, in advance, and can be very hard to snag.

If I had to choose one "sort of hidden" place, it would be near Jalama Beach, near Lompoc, CA.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,496 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Graduation Road Trip?

Jalama, Montana de Oro State Park, San Simeon State Park, Plaskett Creek (Big Sur), Limekiln (Big Sur), Kirk Creek (Big Sur) Bottcher's Gap (Big Sur), Ponderosa (Big Sur).

None are hidden secrets and some are better known than others, but most offer first come/first serve camp sites.

Edited: 21 July 2013, 22:35
5. Re: Graduation Road Trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 06:17