We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shangri-LA Albion and Mendocino and Pacific Grove?

atlanta
Level Contributor
230 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Shangri-LA Albion and Mendocino and Pacific Grove?

Hello!

We are planning a trip to California and wanted a little feedback. Planning to fly into SF and get a car and drive to Bodega Bay for 2 nights. Then we were planning to stay in Albion at Shangri-La -- it is a cliff cottage rental and I would like a little more feedback on it - for 4 nights. One night in Healdsburg to see my sister but then we were wondering about going a little South of SF for 2-3 nights and was not sure where. We would then come back to SF for a night or two and fly home.

Where would be a good place to go south of SF for a few days?

Thank you.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,230 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shangri-LA Albion and Mendocino and Pacific Grove?

Well, I'm a little biased toward Pacific Grove. I just LOVE that town. Gorgeous coastline, great places to dine out and close to Monterey and Carmel without the huge crowds. There are several lovely B&B's in Pacific Grove that make for a nice, relaxing stay on the Monterey Peninsula. My favorite is the Green Gables Inn overlooking Monterey Bay, but I've also enjoyed stays at the Gosby House and, in the past, The Centrella. The Seven Gables Inn is another gorgeous property and every room has a fabulous view of the bay. I just find it a tad too ornate for my tastes.

The Monterey Peninsula has a lot to offer:

The Monterey Bay Aquarium

Cannery Row

Old Fisherman's Wharf

Walk of History

Pebble Beach (If you're a golfer)

Carmel By The Sea/Carmel Beach

The Carmel mission (A historical California mission)

Point Lobos State Reserve

Day trip down to the "village" area of Big Sur: Bixby Bridge, Pfeiffer Beach, Nepenthe, McWay Falls @ Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park

atlanta
Level Contributor
230 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shangri-LA Albion and Mendocino and Pacific Grove?

Thanks -- we decided to stay the extra days and go to Pacific Grove for 3 nights.

3. Re: Shangri-LA Albion and Mendocino and Pacific Grove?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 07:17