We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chinese speaking touring company in the san jose area

philly
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
chinese speaking touring company in the san jose area

I am looking for a touring company based in or around san jose area that has chinese speaking tour guides. My family is looking to go to yellowstone and grand canyon as part the trip itinerary. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dylan's Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Bike Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Another Side Of San Diego Tours
City Tours, Segway Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
A Day in LA Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Vantigo Tours
City Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
17,633 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: chinese speaking touring company in the san jose area

I don't know the answer to the question, but are you looking to join a larger group with a Chinese-language guide, or for a private car and driver (who speak Chinese)? And for how many people? Also, be aware that Yellowstone is at least a 2 day drive from San Jose (much more if you want to visit the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas or other stops en route).

Oregon State, USA
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: chinese speaking touring company in the san jose area

All you need to do is go to Yelp and/or Google.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
21,343 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: chinese speaking touring company in the san jose area

There are bus tours to Yellowstone or Grand Canyon catered to the Chinese speaking tourists. I see you live in Philly. Does your family live in San Jose? If yes then they can visit any number of Chinese travel agents in the South Bay.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
21,920 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: chinese speaking touring company in the san jose area

Yes many bus tours with Chinese guides that go to Yellowstone. Do you read Chinese? You just need to pick up to local Tsing Tao or New World newspapers and there are ads all over.

For those not familiar, many Chinese Americans travel this way over long distances. My mom took a tour that started in SF to Vegas then Salt Lake and Yellowstone and back with my aunt. Not the style most of us TAers travel but that's how some folks like it.

I can help more if needed. Most of these are brokers. Only a few operators and they do pick up usually in SF or Oakland Chinatown. If they have a stop in the South Bay, most likely in Cupertino. Then the tour takes off.

If you are in Philly, ask the local Chinese travel agents or those in NYC/Flushing.

Edited: 08 August 2013, 07:05
philly
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: chinese speaking touring company in the san jose area

I was hoping someone might know of a reputable chinese speaking touring company out in SF/San Jose area. My parents and I are going out to visit some family in San Jose and wanted to go to Yellowstone etc w/my family in San Jose. I have googled but havent really found much that either got poor reviews and/or there isnt much info on them. If anyone can think of any that's be great.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
21,920 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: chinese speaking touring company in the san jose area

And are you Googling in English or Chinese?

Edited: 08 August 2013, 17:09
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
21,920 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: chinese speaking touring company in the san jose area

I am traveling today so limited in ability to help you. Has your family in SJ looked at the newspapers? Aren't there TV ads on the Jade or Phoenix Channels? What companies are on the short list? My mom usually just books with her local travel agency in SF. I can get that for you if you don't come up with anything else. One more question... Cantonese or Mandarin?

Edited: 08 August 2013, 17:11
philly
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: chinese speaking touring company in the san jose area

Can you recommend any?

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
21,343 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: chinese speaking touring company in the san jose area

Frankly most of them got poor reviews because those are usually low cost long distance bus tours where they cramp 30 or more tourists into a bus, stop at cheap Chinese buffets along the way, and drive for hours. These tours cater to non-English speaking visitors or local residents. Most people who know enough English to write a review will not like these kinds of tours. I know someone who had to bail in the middle and flew home from Utah because it was so bad.

Your family in the San Jose area can easily find a Chinese travel agent in the area. Everyone of them will have lots of tour options.

philly
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: chinese speaking touring company in the san jose area

Chinita415, in english. Cant read chinese. My Aunt in SJ gave me the names of 2 bus touring companies-world net holiday and the other joy holiday both based in SF I believe. The world net doesnt seem legit and they got poor reviews. The joy net holiday seems pretty good but I'd like to have options if possible. If you can get the name of the one your mom used that 'd be great. Cantonese or Mandarin...my family speaks both. TIA!