We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pic nic wineries in Sonoma ca

1 post
Save Topic
Pic nic wineries in Sonoma ca

What is the best winery in Sonoma for a pic nic? Some here close to the state Univeristy?

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,607 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pic nic wineries in Sonoma ca

Ummm, I will say Paradise Ridge Winery.

http://www.prwinery.com/

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,468 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pic nic wineries in Sonoma ca

Paradise Ridge is near Hwy 101 ,in Santa Rosa, the county seat, *near* wine country but not really *in.*

The State University is in Rhonert Park, also on Hwy 101, and not wine country.

Do some googling for picnics at wineries in the Sonoma Valley. Try Gundlach Bundschu, for example, Bartholomew Park, and Ravenswood. These are in the country, not near a major highway.

Edited: 12 August 2013, 20:53
Level Contributor
36,311 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pic nic wineries in Sonoma ca

Gundlach-Bundschu! :)

California
Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pic nic wineries in Sonoma ca

Paradise Ridge Winery is on a private wine estate overlooking the Russian River Valley, in Sonoma County but not in Sonoma Valley. The picnic tables overlook their art garden, vineyards and the Valley - an incredible location for a wine country picnic.

San Anselmo...
Level Contributor
530 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pic nic wineries in Sonoma ca

On a recent wine tour in the Dry Creek Valley and along highway 12 all the wineries we stopped at had picnic areas with the possible exception of one and in that case I may simply have missed it. As pointed out above the State University is not in a well known wine area but anyone familiar with highway 101 knows that it may be coming.

That does not mean there are not choices nearby, nearby meaning 25-30 miles although that is a guess it may be more. All reachable by good roads. I will make no specific recommendation because I am not much of wine connoisseur.

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,672 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pic nic wineries in Sonoma ca

Matanzas Creek Winery is one of the closer ones to Rohnert Park and is very lovely.

http://www.matanzascreek.com/

7. Re: Pic nic wineries in Sonoma ca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 07:19