This is a very tentative plan for our honeymoon (first two weeks of September 2014 - we like to plan ahead!). We're pretty flexible, so we're open to advice from seasoned traveller/residents:
- Fly from London to San Francisco
- Spend 4 days in San Francisco
- Drive to wine country (Sonoma or Napa), spend 2 days there
- Spend 5 days in Los Angeles/Orange County
- Drive to, and spend 3 days in, Yosemite
- Drive back to San Francisco, fly back to London
We're seasoned travellers and are pretty energetic so we can see a lot in one day. We know we won't be able to see everything but let me know if you think I've not allocated enough time for a certain place. We like sightseeing, food, museums, nature (not into hiking/camping/sports), some kitsch (Disneyland is a distinct possibility), and a little bit of lolling about on the beach.
Thanks for your help!