We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anaheim to LAX - Disneyland express

aus
Level Contributor
34 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Anaheim to LAX - Disneyland express

I have a domestic (JetBlue) flight at 8:45 pm on Wednesday.

I'll be catching the Disneyland express from Anaheim to LAX.

I'm not familiar with LA traffic...

If I take the 6pm bus from Anaheim it says it will get me to LaX at 7 (1 hour 45 mins before my flight). Is there likely to be traffic hold ups around this time. Or, I can take the 5pm which leaves me 2 hours 45 mins.. Am I going to need this long for traffic and security at the airport etc.

Which bus. The less time spent in an airport the better, but I don't want to stress over a missed flight either!

Thanks

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anaheim to LAX - Disneyland express

Tara & Kate - generally the advice is to arrive at LAX two hours before a domestic (internal) flight, and 3 hours before an international one. So if your flight is at 8:45PM I would take the 5PM bus at the latest - probably 4PM is more appropriate. I can't imagine any bus leaving Anaheim at 5:00 PM on a Wednesday making it to LAX in only one hour, since this is a peak traffic period and the drive would be about 45 minutes with cooperative traffic. But you could always try contacting the bus company and ask them what time the bus is most likely to arrive at LAX.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anaheim to LAX - Disneyland express

I think you are fine with a 6 PM bus leaving the Disneyland area. The main route the bus takes is on carpool lanes (I-5, 91 and I-105). They also have GPS systems with live traffic and reroutes the bus if a faster route can be found. The actual time in light/no traffic is 35 minutes per Google Maps, so 45 minutes to an hour is a good prediction in traffic.

If you want a bit of a safety value in time, then take the 5 PM bus. No need to take the 4 PM bus.

jetBlue is in Terminal 3 in LAX, so tends to not have long security delays. (Terminal 1 is known for its delays, but usually in the morning hours)

3. Re: Anaheim to LAX - Disneyland express

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 05:17