We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soccer in San Luis Obispo

Tustin, California
Level Contributor
9 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Soccer in San Luis Obispo

Looking to watch the Liverpool game on Monday 9-16 at noon in the Morro Bay, SLO area. Any pubs that show footy on TV?

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soccer in San Luis Obispo

The game on the NBC Sports Network (NBCSN), and not much else will be on TV regarding sports, so should be easy to find. A noon start PDT on Monday allows the bars to open at its regular time, so just call around. (Now, if it was on Saturday and Sunday, you would have a harder time due to demand for American Football).

http://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=sportsbars&find_loc=San+Luis+Obispo%2C+CA

Edited: 14 September 2013, 02:41
Tustin, California
Level Contributor
9 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Soccer in San Luis Obispo

Ah if it was just that easy! I have called FOUR places all of which couldn't answer the question. I'm looking for a true pub that shows footy. I ask again, is there one in the San Luis Obispo area?

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,694 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Soccer in San Luis Obispo

Which places did you call?

Not a lot of pubs in SLO. Mostly bars for the college crowd.

Edited: 16 September 2013, 00:33
Tustin, California
Level Contributor
9 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Soccer in San Luis Obispo

I called one in Morro bay and 3 in SLO. They acted like I was from Mars asking about soccer - I think I'll find a Starbucks and watch it on my iPad - thanks for trying to help!

Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Soccer in San Luis Obispo

There are some sports bars around, don't know if they will show soccer. Did you call Mr. Rick's in Avila? Rooster Creek or McClintocks in Arroyo Grande?

6. Re: Soccer in San Luis Obispo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 06:20