We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Trip Route Thoughts Please

Liverpool, United...
11 posts
Save Topic
Road Trip Route Thoughts Please

Hi.

Struggling with a decision on one part of my route. Thought I would put it out there to see what the experts would do. Just for background info we are a family of four (36, 34, 17 and 4) from England.

We will be leaving Death Valley in the morning of Wednesday 9th April. We want to get to Yosemite on Friday 11th April. The time in between has not been decided on.

I realise Tioga Pass will not be open and originally I was thinking Death Valley to Lake Tahoe, spend a night there then drive to Yosemite from there but that doesn't give us much time in Tahoe so it might be better to just miss it out, spend a night elsewhere en route and shorten the drive to Yosemite to spend more time there.

We would like to see Bodie and Mono Lake if possible during the journey.

Any thoughts?

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,559 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road Trip Route Thoughts Please

You might need snowmobiles to get to Bodie that early in April. You might also run into snow storms at higher elevations around Mammoth Lakes and Lake Tahoe and possibly even Yosemite.

A more dependable route would be the one around the Southern Sierra through Bakersfield.

2. Re: Road Trip Route Thoughts Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 06:19