We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Los Angeles

Farnborough...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Los Angeles

Hi,

We are planning a family holiday in August 2014 to California. Flights booked in/out LAX 17th Aug and return 27th Aug. We plan to fly up to San Francisco and stay 3 nights and then drive down to L.A stopping overnight prob Pismo Beach? just to break the journey. Really wanted to do the drive as I'm told it's not to be missed.

When we arrive in L.A - where is best to stay area wise? We want to visit Universal Studios and do the usual touristy things i.e walk of fame. We are going to visit Six Flags Magic Mountain theme park and water park (my kids love a theme park) prob won't do Disneyland as done in Orlando. We would also like to see Santa Monica.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited: 21 October 2013, 14:10
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Los Angeles

OK, with one location, I would choose the Orchid Suites for Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) and Universal Studios Hollywood., and I would also think about Knott's Berry Farm, America's First Theme Park.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g28926-c4071/Californ…

But I might split up the stay, staying in each area, such as the Comfort Suites in Stevenson Ranch for SFMM, Orchid Suites in Hollywood, and Knott's Hotel in Buena Park.

I would pass on Santa Monica, and check out Huntington Beach or Newport Beach instead.

But I would think about splitting

2. Re: Where to stay in Los Angeles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2013, 15:34
Edited: 23 October 2013, 15:34
Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,579 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Los Angeles

Please read our FAQs at the top of the LA forums, as we have each neighborhood broken down for you there. There is no one central place for all that's on your list. Santa Monica is lovely and should not be missed.

Our FAQs and Top Questions are a great place for you to begin your research and will answer your questions.

4. Re: Where to stay in Los Angeles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 05:17