We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anaheim to Rose Parade

Chicago
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Anaheim to Rose Parade

My family and I will be staying at the Marriott in Anaheim and we have tickets to attend the rose parade. My question is what is the best way to get to and from the parade form Anaheim?

Thanks!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,798 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anaheim to Rose Parade

Sorry for the delay in responding, your post was lost in the general crush of questions.

If you have a car, I would drive to Downtown Los Angeles, park at Union Station and ride the Gold Line into Pasadena.

Without a car, take the train from Anaheim to Union Station and then Gold Line.

If the parade starts at 8AM and you are near the Orange Grove/Colorado Blvd intersection, I'd want to be in my seats no later than 7:30AM.

Layer and dress warmly for the morning, but be ready to shed the outer layer as it warms up.

Even if you don't have game tickets I'd walk down to the stadium area and buy t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc and see the Rose Bowl Experience area.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anaheim to Rose Parade

The problem with the trains, the Metrolink will more likely not run on New Years Day from Orange County. And the first Amtrak train Northbound from Orange County won't get into Union Station until 8:50 AM

So that option won't work.

Some private companies will offer the trip though.

rose.paradebus.com/Trip/Discussions/Anaheim

http://sdsuntours.com/rose_parade_tour

Hope that helps.

3. Re: Anaheim to Rose Parade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2014, 06:21