We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Speeding fine on previous trip

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
Speeding fine on previous trip

I am planning to head to the states in May 2014 from Australia. The last time i was there was in 1999. On that trip i got a speeding ticket from the highway patrol in California. I was about to head home soon after, so when i got home i sent the fine and payment to them (cheque). But i never heard back or followed up that it had been sorted out. How should i check to see that this is all cleared up and wont come up upon my arrival back in the states next May ?

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,105 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Speeding fine on previous trip

Well, did they cash your check? That is all they do. They don't communicate with you further.

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Speeding fine on previous trip

It would of been some sort of bank / international cheque, not a personal check. I can't remember what it was but would of been what was appropriate. Surely there is some way of finding out if i'm clear to enter before i get there.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Speeding fine on previous trip

Well, Mako, since nobody here knows if you are in the clear or not, I suggest you the CA Highway Patrol and find out. Good luck! Chuck.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,677 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Speeding fine on previous trip

You paid the fine. It's done. Over. You're good to go.

If you had ignored the fine, it would be a different story.

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Speeding fine on previous trip

Yeah, thanks.

6. Re: Speeding fine on previous trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2014, 05:18