We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Sonoma

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Sonoma

I leave Saturday for a California Christmas. First in San Fran and then on to Sonoma for wine tours both in Napa and Sonoma County along with maybe some golfing. Wondering what to pack?

weather appears to be mainly sunny for the long range, temps between 14 and 20. All advise welcome re packing, dining and wine tour activities.

Level Contributor
35,434 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Sonoma

There are some nice restaurants in Sonoma! Girl and the fig, Cafe La Haye, Sante and El Dorado Kitchen are a few of our favorites. Enjoy the wine country! :).

Edited: 16 December 2013, 17:23
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,169 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Sonoma

For packing, do "layers". So you can add or subtract as the temp changes. I would also have a lightweight rainproof jacket. Often the rain does not start until after the first of the year, but a windproof, rainproof jacket is always in my luggage at this time of year.

I have no clue what the temps of 14 and 20 mean. I get cross-eyed trying to convert between Celsius and Fahrenheit.

syrahgirl gave you some nice restaurant recommendations in the historic town of Sonoma, but there is also a 'county' of Sonoma which is very large and your "Sonoma" tours may not be in the Sonoma Valley, but in the Healdsburg area.

If you can tell us where your tours will be we can give you more specific instructions. There is a very nice golf course in the Sonoma Valley.

Have a wonderful trip and a Merry Christmas.

Level Contributor
35,434 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Sonoma

In Healdsburg, Dry Creek Kitchen @ The Hotel Healdsburg is excellent! :).

4. Re: Christmas in Sonoma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2014, 05:19