We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terminal transfers LAX

Perth, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Terminal transfers LAX

My family (2 adults, 3 yr old, 7 mth old) are travelling from Sydney to San Diego . We are scheduled to arrive in LAX at 6:30am with our connect to SD scheduled for departure at 8:55am. I'm assuming as this is all one booking we will be issued all boarding passes in Sydney and our baggage will be checked all the way through (I do realise we will collect it for customs at LAX).? Is this going to be a tight connect? Is it easy enough to change terminals? What's the process at LAX when it comes to re- checking our baggage?

Thanks

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,828 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terminal transfers LAX

The best help one can get is when one provides relevant details such as terminals and or airlines and if this res was made on one ticket then yes your bags would be checked through to SAN.

One gets off at LAX, goes through immigration, collects bags goes through customs which is a quick process and one then drops the bags at the transfer desk before leaving the customs area

Then onto the next terminal which can be next door or a few terminals away either by a quick walk or the shuttle then security and to the gate

Map below

http://www.lawa.org/welcome_lax.aspx?id=246

Most suggest a 3 hour layover but I guess it is possible in the 2.5 hours with no room for delay

But it begs the question. Why not drive to San Diego which around 10am may be a 2 hour drive to your hotel from LAX by a rental car

Edited: 02 January 2014, 01:42
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terminal transfers LAX

Just to be totally clear: Does "SD" mean San Diego or South Dakota? It helps to use complete words in order to get accurate(as possible on Trip Advisor)information. Thanks. Chuck.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Terminal transfers LAX

Chuck, read the first sentence, they spelled out San Diego first, and then used the abbreviation the second time.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Terminal transfers LAX

Yes sir, Mr. Darkbeer. I'll do better next time. Sorry to have offended you. Chuck.

5. Re: Terminal transfers LAX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2015, 05:19