We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two weeks San Fran to la. Help add detail to my plan please.

Amesbury, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Two weeks San Fran to la. Help add detail to my plan please.

We are a family of 4 (kids will be 6 and 9) who love nature. Th current plan is:

Sat -fly to sf

Sun - sf

Mon - sf

Tue - drive to yosemite

We'd - yosemite

Thursday- yosemite

Friday - drive to Monterey

Sat - Monterey (whale watch& aquarium)

Sun - drive down highway 1

Mon - drive down highway 1

Tue - day in Santa Barbara - go to Channel Islands np?

We'd - drive to carpinteria beach then onto la

Thursday - la

Friday - la

Sat - la

Sun - fly home

Main item missing is where we are going to see the best redwoods which will be a highlight. Also not sure hich activities are best in sf for kids. Finally anything else to stop and see/ do on the drive down from Monterey to la?

Thanks so much for your help!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,850 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two weeks San Fran to la. Help add detail to my plan please.

I would take a few minutes to read the top questions on the right . There is a highway 1 primer in those questions that can help you plan a great trip

most stay 1 night in Montery and one say in Pismo. Beach and then you have a night in Santa Barbara

I would add a day to SF as it takes 3-4 full days to get a flavor of the city. I say that because you also need time to get over jet lag as well

The top questions and trip reports in the SF forum have info on what to do and see with kids as well as without

You can see redwoods enroute to Monterey at. Henry Cowell redwoods just off. Hwy 17

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two weeks San Fran to la. Help add detail to my plan please.

McWay Falls!

sunset.com/travel/…

Avila Valley Barnyard!

www.avilavalleybarn.com

What time of the year is your trip?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
62,498 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two weeks San Fran to la. Help add detail to my plan please.

Is this the revision for your June visit to California?

There are Giant Sequoias (redwoods) in Yosemite NP. tripadvisor.com/Travel-g61000-d592681

Here is some info about Coastal Redwoods: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g28926-c195829 and here is a map: parks.ca.gov/?page_id=24723 Maybe visit Big Basin Redwoods near Monterey?

4. Re: Two weeks San Fran to la. Help add detail to my plan please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 08:35
Edited: 01 February 2014, 08:35
5. Re: Two weeks San Fran to la. Help add detail to my plan please.

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 08:35
Edited: 01 February 2014, 08:35
Amesbury, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two weeks San Fran to la. Help add detail to my plan please.

Yes, this is still trying to fine tune our trip in June. Some great information here, thanks so much. Off to digest it all now and alter the plan accordingly.

7. Re: Two weeks San Fran to la. Help add detail to my plan please.

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2015, 06:22