We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaside Towns between SF and LA

Vancouver
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Seaside Towns between SF and LA

Hi, I have about five days including travel town that we want to spend on the coast. We can either fly to SF and drive south, or LA and drive north. We are looking for nice seaside towns, something or things that have some charm to explore and nice areas around it. I have heard of Cambria, Pismo, San Luis Obisbo, Carmel (where I as many years ago, but don't remember very much). Ideally we would stay in one place or max two, and explore a bit around. I have been to Hearst Castle so don't need to see that again. Any suggestions anyone has would be appreciated

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,422 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seaside Towns between SF and LA

You'll need to plan on more than one location to stay in, as SF and LA are 400 miles and 10 hours apart from each other via the coast.

The following link provides info on the cities/towns along the coast with descriptions and a list of activities that might interest you:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g28926-c136436/Califo…

Some of your options:

Santa Cruz

Capitola

Pacific Grove

Carmel By The Sea

Big Sur

Cambria

Morro Bay

Avila Beach

Santa Barbara

Carpinteria

Edited: 26 January 2014, 13:16
2. Re: Seaside Towns between SF and LA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 06:19