We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camero Convertible hire

james-andreaF
Level Contributor
94 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Camero Convertible hire

Can anyone advise on car rental of a Camero Convertible May 26th to June 1st from SF and drop in LA.

Thank you.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,545 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camero Convertible hire

Where do you live? I don't know of a Camero Convertible, there is a Mustang Convertible, however.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camero Convertible hire

Are you from the US, or outside? I would try www.hertz.com or www.hertz.co.uk if outside of the US. If you really want a particular model you'll probably have to pay more to reserve it - a lot of the hire (rental) car companies will promise you (for example) "Ford Mustang Convertible (or similar)" with the "or similar" being the key thing - you may show up and get a Mustang convertible, or they may give you some sort of other convertible - like a Chrysler 200 or Sebring, or a Mitsubishi Eclipse, etc. But Hertz if you pay more usually will promise you the exact model that you want - check their premium collection. There are indeed Camaro convertibles but I'm not sure how popular they are with the rental / hire car companies - some may have them, others not. Usually its Ford Mustangs and Chryslers that they have for convertible models.

You might also try www.carhire3000.co.uk - check around carefully because a) if you are from outside the US, you'll need insurance - sites like this or www.hertz.co.uk will bundle it with the rental for a good price if you tell them you are from outside of the US where they give you the opportunity to indicate so, and b) if you pick up the car in one location and return it in another location, there is often a one-way drop fee that will be assessed, that is expensive and you do not want to pay. carhire3000 does not charge this fee usually.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,918 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camero Convertible hire

It helps people answer questions intelligently if we know your home location.

You can add that under your screen name by clicking on your screen name at the top of the page and then going into your profile and editing it.

Thanks

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,545 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camero Convertible hire

I meant to say I didn't know of a Camero Convertible at any of the rental agencies, sorry.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,068 posts
1,080 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camero Convertible hire

>>like a Chrysler 200 or Sebring<<

The Sebring was discontinued several years ago. The Chrysler 200 is available in a convertible, redesigned for 2014.

Camaro convertibles are not as popular in the rental pools. I'm pretty sure Hertz has them in their "Adrenaline Collection" but may not rent one way and they will be $$$$ !

james-andreaF
Level Contributor
94 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Camero Convertible hire

Thank you all for your helpful information!

7. Re: Camero Convertible hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2015, 05:26