We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel around the usa

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Travel around the usa

Any ideas, want to travel from Manchester UK to Los Angeles to pick up a cruise for a week down the coast, then drive to Las Vegas spend a week there then fly to New York for a week before returning, any idea's on best way to do it and cheapest way to get there and around the USA

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel around the usa

You are posting on the wrong forum. This is for questions about travel in the state of California, not travel around the U.S.

You need to do some actual research on your own, make an itinerary, and then post on the appropriate forums. Questions about Las Vegas on that forum, New York on that forum, cruise questions on the cruise forum, etc.

Since you appear to be new to travel, you should consider contacting a travel agent who specializes in U.S. travel. Get several tourist books on U.S. travel. Lonely Planet has some good ones. Google is also a great help.

Good luck, and have fun. Chuck.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel around the usa

Also please tell what time of year you are coming. Not sure I would rent a car between LA and LV if that's all for raodtripping. You easily can fly. Most cruises depart from Long Beach.

Manhattan Beach...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel around the usa

There are 3 pieces of research that I would do on-line - When can you get the best deal on the Mexican cruise, how does that compare with cheap hotel rates in Las Vegas, and then cheap hotel rates in NY, and cross country air fares. I suspect that if you avoid holidays and major conventions between September and early May, you will find a lot of time slots that are priced as low as you can get. Avoid US Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, and the February and April school breaks. Midweek is cheapest in Las Vegas for hotels. I would probably target September and October because you are likely to hit colorful leaves in NY, although I'm not sure about huricanes in Baja.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel around the usa

Thanks for you help, i will be doing a lot of homework before we go

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
62,385 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel around the usa

September is definitely hurricane season in Cabo. May or may not occur, but it will be humid. Around mid-October things change for the better!

No time to see some of the beauty in California? Coast? Yosemite? San Francisco? Your current plan doesn't have anything that I'd call "around the USA." It's more of a "visit two cities in the US" type of trip.

Have fun planning ... lots of great options for you to choose.

6. Re: Travel around the usa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 05:21