We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Itinerary Post! sorry :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Topic
Last Itinerary Post! sorry :)

Hi everyone,

Sorry for being a pain with all the questions!!

Ok so I went back to the drawing board after everyone's advice and now have the following itinerary, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Day 1: Arrive in LA

Day 2: LA

Day 3: LA Fly to Vegas

Day 4: Vegas

Day 5: Vegas

Day 6: Vegas fly San Fran

Day 7: San Fran

Day 8: San Fran

Day 9: San Fran drive to Yosemite

Day 10: Yosemite drive to Monterey

Day 11: Monterey drive to Santa Barbara

Day 12: Santa Barbara drive to Disneyland (spend day there) drive to San Diego

Day 13: San Diego

Day 14: San Diego fly to NYC

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
19,214 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last Itinerary Post! sorry :)

Day 12 - You do not have enough time. Read you Anaheim thread regarding Disneyland for details. You need to be at Disneyland by 8 a.m and it is a full day/night. You also need to spend the night there in Anaheim afyer leaving the park. It closes at midnight.

Edited: 12 February 2014, 09:24
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Last Itinerary Post! sorry :)

Hi RedlandsRedhead, yes I just saw your other post and figured that, thankyou so much for your advice.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can change my itinerary to fit a night in Anaheim?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
51,965 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last Itinerary Post! sorry :)

Also the drive from Monterey to SB is long. The best part of the coast is between Carmel/Monterey and Cambria and should not be rushed. It may be better to stay in Pismo Beach overnight

Need an extra night in Anaheim ? You are rushing other places anyway -- perhaps one day off Vegas

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,574 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last Itinerary Post! sorry :)

I agree. Monterey to Santa Barbara is too far in one day. Like 5 hours WITHOUT stops!! You won't see anything of Santa Barbara IF you take your time driving through Big Sur (Which you should) and leave early the following morning for Disney. I, too, suggest taking a day from Vegas in order to enjoy a better paced trip.

Edited: 13 February 2014, 02:09
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Last Itinerary Post! sorry :)

I know belomiser I am rushing every place, but its because we have never been before and want to fit as much in as possible and unfortunately I cant extend my trip.

Maybe I should just not do Disneyland, as much as I would love too.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
19,214 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last Itinerary Post! sorry :)

I noticed you had a past thread about Six Flags. If you are interested in going to a theme park, Knott's Berry Farm is near Anaheim, in Buena Park, and requires less time than Disneyland. It has a combination of thrill rides, themed western rides, and shows. (Also known for great fried chicken meals that are very popular.) I know your trip is in December, so word of warning, it is a popular time to visit Knott's. However, you can purchase Fast Lane tickets that will get you on coasters faster. I don't know if visiting there will take you out of your way, or if it is advisable to fit it in, but just wanted to let you know it is there.

Edited: 14 February 2014, 08:59
Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last Itinerary Post! sorry :)

Yes, if you want to visit DL I'd cut off a day Las vegas or that night in Yosemite. You won't have much time for Yosemite anyway and in bad weather driving there can be quite a hassle in winter.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Last Itinerary Post! sorry :)

Thanks RedlandsRedhead ill have a look at that park!

9. Re: Last Itinerary Post! sorry :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 05:26