We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yosemite np, redwood np, lake tahoe tours

Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
yosemite np, redwood np, lake tahoe tours

Hey,

just wondering if anyone can tell me if there are any tour companies that combine Yosemite NP, Redwood NP and Lake Tahoe in one tour? I will be in California this April and I don't usually prefer tours but it seems appropriate because it hopefully take me to what I want to see with good company.

I don't want to spend ridiculous amounts so I would prefer to camp under the stars, and I am flexible with my time frame if there is a company that does such tours. The Internet search has got me nothing so far, so any advice or info will help a lot

Thanks

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
61,845 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: yosemite np, redwood np, lake tahoe tours

I don't know of any company that does all of these (Yosemite + Redwood + Lake Tahoe) in one trip.

I know that Incredible Adventures has a camping tour out of SF, that REI has camping tours sometimes, and that Green Tortoise has a camping tour that includes a day in the eastern Sierra.

LA
Level Contributor
10,096 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: yosemite np, redwood np, lake tahoe tours

April is still a cold month in the Sierras and is not really conducive to camping.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,068 posts
1,080 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: yosemite np, redwood np, lake tahoe tours

There are no tours of Redwood NP that I know of. Most tours don't "camp out under the stars", and as mentioned, April will still have snow in the high country such as Yosemite and Lake Tahoe!

Why not rent a car, buy a cheap tent and sleeping bag and drive yourself? The friendly folks here on TripAdvisor can help you plan. Redwood NP is particularly easy to visit on your own.

Yosemite books up far in advance so if you are thinking of planning your own itinerary, secure reservations there first.

4. Re: yosemite np, redwood np, lake tahoe tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2015, 05:21