We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yosemite

london
Level Contributor
9 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Yosemite

I am travelling to San Fran in May and would like to book a 2/3 day trip to Yosemite. How easy is it to do myself or should i use a tour operator? who are the best to use and what is everyones experiences?

LA
Level Contributor
10,044 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Yosemite

Will you be renting a car?

What sort of accommodations are you looking for? Hotel, condo, established tent camp or bring your own camping?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
60,237 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yosemite

It's not hard to do yourself and then you'd have a car to get to Mariposa Grove. If the high country roads are open, you can drive up there. Yosemite Valley is about 4 hrs from San Francisco.

Car rental ~ book it at home. Use the .co.uk version of your favorite company or a 3rd party booking company like www.RentalCars.com or www.usrentacar.co.uk or www.drive-usa.com

Tour from SF ~ options are in the Top Questions (right side of the page) on the San Francisco forum page.

All the information about Yosemite: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g61000-i315 Definitely read the relevant Top Questions including lodging, trip reports, and visiting in spring. Getting lodging will be the biggest challenge.

3. Re: Yosemite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 05:19