We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping trips and transfers

Derby, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Camping trips and transfers

Hi all, I made a plan about a year back about the States I wanted to visit (UK resident) and have had it pinned on my wall, and if I ever needed a goal of some description, if I was feeling low, or whatever, I thought "When I've got the money, I'm gonna visit 'x' first" - however, looking at how many I wated to visit, I realised this was ambitious. I've narrowed the list down a lot, but this is the first trip I would like to make. I realize California and Arizona border each other, and Arizona and Nevada border each other. Price-wise and convineance-wise (assuming money isn't a problem, literally going to start saving when I can get a job), would it be feasible to fly to San Fran, spend 3 or 4, maybe 5 days in California, travel to Arizona, again, same time-frame there, and then again in Nevada, then fly back? Thanks all :)

Derby, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping trips and transfers

Sorry, Utah instead of Nevada I meant, my bad...

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,673 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping trips and transfers

Well, you probably need to go through Nevada at some point. When would this trip be providing you find the dough? What time of year? Some stuff in Arizona and SoCal are best done in the winter. The higher elevation stuff is best visited in the warmer months.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
62,314 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping trips and transfers

Five days in a state isn't enough for much at all. I think it makes more sense to plan a two week trip and to really enjoy the destinations you're selecting. If you want to tent camp, then consider a late spring trip in the southwest. Here is an idea from the Utah forum: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g28965-c177493

LA
Level Contributor
10,106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Camping trips and transfers

I don't understand your planning.

Trying to apportion your trip by state does not make any sense.

Get a guide to the western US (like Lonely Planet USA or Lonely Planet western US) and read about the sights and attractions. Apportion your time to the places you wish to visit, regardless of which state they are in.

5. Re: Camping trips and transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 20:35
LA
Level Contributor
10,106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Camping trips and transfers

miro has been reported for spamming / self-promotion

7. Re: Camping trips and transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 06:27