We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how do i get to disneyland From LA

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
154 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
how do i get to disneyland From LA

Hi all just wondering are there any companies that one transfers from a LA hotel to DisneyLand and i was told there are two parks do they just ahve rides or do they have shows aswell and is it worth going too

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how do i get to disneyland From LA

You might want to ask about the Disney parks in the Anaheim forum.

The vast majority of people who go say its worth it, so I would not worry on that account. The parks do feature parades and some shows (the signature ones are Fantasmic and World of Color) and of course lots of rides, but some shows and parades are not always offered on every date. The disney web sites for the two parks (California Adventure and Disneyland) will have calendars with this information so you can better plan.

Generally, since Anaheim is about an hour from LA, if you are going to be spending more than one day in LA and more than one day at Disney, its generally suggested to split your stay - one hotel in Anaheim, and the other in central LA area. www.luxbusamerica.com has a shuttle bus service between many LA area hotels and most of the hotels near Disney.

If you just want to go to Disney for a day from LA as a day trip, there are more ways to do it. Best by far is to rent (hire) a car for the day and drive there, which will allow you to get there when the park opens and not leave until it closes. Other alternatives include going with a tour company like www.starlinetours.com,or going via public transit. There are two main ways to go via public transit - train and bus. Train involves getting to Union Station in downtown LA from whereever you are staying in LA (Union station is the main public transit hub, however, so its often possible with one subway or bus ride), then taking Metrolink (www.metrolinktrains.com) or Amtrak (www.amtrak.com) to the Fullerton station. Once at the Fullerton station, you can take a short taxi ride to Disneyland or use OCTA (www.octa.net) bus 543 or 43 to reach Disneyland. Depending on the time of year that you go and the park's hours at that time, you can often get there around the time the parks open, but the last trains back to LA are not late enough to stay until the park closes. The other alternative is to go via bus. This basically means getting to the 7th St. Metro Center in downtown LA and from there taking Metro Bus 460 all the way to Disneyland. The disadvantage of the bus is that it generally takes an hour or so longer than the train option. The advantage is lower cost and the last bus usually runs late enough that you can stay at Disney until the park closes.

Manhattan Beach...
Level Contributor
3,907 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how do i get to disneyland From LA

The only time I did not have a good time at Disneyland was when I went for the first time to the California park at age 21 with a bunch of other guys, on a crowded weekend. We stood on long lines and went on the wrong rides (geared for kids). We would have done better if we could have gone to Disney's California Adventure, done research beforehand on the rides, gone on a weekday, or had dates. My 25 year old daughters continue to enyoy the park after 2 decades.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
154 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how do i get to disneyland From LA

yeah i am thinking now to book a hotel nearby and walk and ahve 2 days in Disneyland

4. Re: how do i get to disneyland From LA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 04:25