We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

san Francisco, napa, carmel/Monterey

2 posts
Save Topic
san Francisco, napa, carmel/Monterey

Hello, my boyfriend and I are planning a trip to San Francisco, Napa, Carmel/Monterey

july 7th-14

How many days should we stay in each place?

We are staying in the westin in san fran..where should we stay in the other locations?

Did we pick great places to see. Anyone have a great itinerary?

Thanks in advance for your help. Im open to all suggestions. We are traveling from NY and have never been to that part of of .CA.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,926 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: san Francisco, napa, carmel/Monterey

I'd suggest 4-5 days in SF, 2-3 days in Napa, and 3-4 days in Carmel/Monterey.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,170 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: san Francisco, napa, carmel/Monterey

But they only have 7 days. Your suggestion has, at the least, 9 days.

Edited: 20 March 2014, 05:37
Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,926 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: san Francisco, napa, carmel/Monterey

Picky picky picky. OK then I'd suggest cutting out either Napa, or Carmel/Monterey.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,655 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: san Francisco, napa, carmel/Monterey

If the 7th and 14th are travel days then you have partial days as well so you do need to do some reading and come up with your list of things to see and do and then come up with the number of days. Everyone travels differently and has different tastes so you do need to provide input to strangers to get more help for you

5. Re: san Francisco, napa, carmel/Monterey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 05:18