We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most beautiful part of North CA coast?

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
67 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Most beautiful part of North CA coast?

Which are the most beautiful and dramatic parts of the CA coast north of San Francisco and South of Leggett?

Is it all fairly similar or does one area stand out as much different than the rest?

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
364 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most beautiful part of North CA coast?

It's all really beautiful, and I've driven it like 100 times+, but a few spots I love are Drake's Beach/Pt. Reyes, and then I like the area around Schoolhouse Beach and Jenner/Goat Rock, and then again up by Salt Point is absolutely stunning. Just start driving on Hwy 1 at the Marin Headlands and keep going for about four hours. That's a gorgeous trip. If you get car sick, it's windy. Stop along the way for gas in Bodega Bay.

My favorite part of the California coast is Big Sur, go figure, but the part up North by Trinidad is also outrageously beautiful.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,044 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most beautiful part of North CA coast?

Try this...

http://www.timbercoveinn.com/

And the drive there from Jenner has 8 miles which rival Big Sur.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,889 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Most beautiful part of North CA coast?

As said above, it's all really beautiful!

Are you making a loop back to SF? If not, you'll find more beautiful scenery north of Eureka, all the way to Washington state and beyond ;-)

4. Re: Most beautiful part of North CA coast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2015, 04:34