We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Options to see in sfo and la

London, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Options to see in sfo and la

hey everyone!

i am going to be in california for a week spliting between san jose and la.any great places which i need to visit and activities that i need to do.i've been to sfo before and visted a couple of places liek the fishermans wharf..alcatraz..ghiradelli, and crooked street def will be covering other ones this time..

would love to get more advice on places in and around san jose and la and eatouts aswell FAMOUS ONES!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
49,530 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Options to see in sfo and la

Well SFO is San Francisco International Airport and I don't think we suggest you spend much time there. Not sure what you advice you are looking for that cannot be found by doing a bit of research. Without knowing how much time you have in each place, if you have a car, what your interests are , we could just be throwing out meaningless suggestions.

For LA, do check the LA forum top questions before you ask the fine folks on that LA forum for ideas

For SJ -- there are some good museums in downtown SJ, art and a science and an Egyptian museum though coming from London that may not be what you want to see. There are lovely coastal town Santa Cruz and Monterey/Carmel about 30 to 45 minutes (more in traffic) away

Things to do in SF Top Questions SF forum for plenty of ideas

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,310 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Options to see in sfo and la

If you are visiting San Francisco then why are you bothering with San Jose? By the way, SFO is the airport....not much to see around there....

Regarding LA, your question is just too vague. It's like me asking "I'm going to London....what is there to see, where should I eat?" Hard to answer that, right?

What interests you? Will you be hiring a car?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Options to see in sfo and la

Vino Volo is my favorite at SFO. You get a nice little card with every glass, describing the wine. It's post security, though, terminal 2.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Options to see in sfo and la

What do you mean by "options"? Thanks. Chuck.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Options to see in sfo and la

I have the same question as Dr. Z ... why San Jose? Are you here for work? Or staying with family/friends? At the best of times it's about an hour between SJ and SF.

And there is a LOT more to see in SF than the touristy bits you've done. Wander over to the SF forum and have a look at the Top Questions.

6. Re: Options to see in sfo and la

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 05:16