We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Tahoe with kids in summer

California
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lake Tahoe with kids in summer

I am planning to visit Lake Tahoe area with kids in early to mid July for 5 days, and want to experience hiking. The kids are 3 and 6yrs. We have visited in winter time for snow play, but our first time in summer. We are driving from Northern California. I want to know how the weather is in July. Is there still some greenery at that time? I noticed Northstar has hiking in summer. Is it a good idea to take a lift to the top and hike down or to the other side of the mountain on an easy trail? Is it cooler / pleasant weather while hiking on the top of a ski resort such as Northstar / Mt Rose etc? Any help on easy kid trails will be great.

What are other kids activities in summer time in that area? Perhaps hit one of the beaches in the evening. I heard of a rope park in that region.

Also, are there any good flat areas for rental biking with kids for a couple of hours in the evening? It would be nice to have a nice scenery to go with it. Biking around a lake comes to mind. What area is good to stay with kids given the activities we want to do?

Thanks for your help.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
51,965 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Tahoe with kids in summer

this post should have been in the lake tahoe forum but no worries. We love that area especially Northstar, hiking biking and geo tracking, water sports are things we have done in Summer.

California
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Tahoe with kids in summer

Thanks for your response. I will post it in Lake Tahoe forum.

-P

3. Re: Lake Tahoe with kids in summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 05:16