We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short one or two night break between Napa Balley and LA

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Short one or two night break between Napa Balley and LA

Hi

We are attending a wedding in Napa Vally, and thereafter heading back to LA for our flight back to the UK.

We will have upto two days spare and was wondering where we could stop for one or two nights on drive back to LA. We are travelling with our 3 year old daugher so require some thing quiet convenient but scenic/cultural and different to San Fran, LA. Any suggestions?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,663 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short one or two night break between Napa Balley and LA

Hi,

If you look on the right side of this page you will see several Top Questions that talk about the drive between San Francisco and LA on scenic rte 1. There is lots of info about things to see/do and where to stop. If you are accessing this site on your phone you will not be able to see this info. You can read and then come back telling folks your budget for lodging if you want specific recs.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short one or two night break between Napa Balley and LA

Hi just reviewed the popular questions on TA. I

now even more confused! There are several places to stop on the way but none of these describe what I am looking for. I am looking stop somewhere where I can take my daughter to see wildlife, and stay over somewhere where we can go out for nice meal, and possibly do some shopping. My budget is approx is $200 per night.

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,471 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short one or two night break between Napa Balley and LA

You could stop in Monterey and visit the aquarium. You can also look for the sea otters out in the bay. Then drive down the Big Sur coast the next day and visit the elephant seal viewpoint in San Simeon. Then stay in Cambria or Pismo Beach for the night. This is a very typical itinerary for people driving from SF to LA along the scenic coastline and have only three days and two nights for the journey.

4. Re: Short one or two night break between Napa Balley and LA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2015, 06:15