We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airshows for 2014 in California

5 posts
Save Topic
Airshows for 2014 in California

Hi there!

We are going on our honeymoon to California this May 28, an one item on my bucket list was always to attend a US airshow being an avid military buff. Here in Malta, we have one once a year but the participation is as flat as a pancake( we are lucky to get to see an F-16 ! ...15 aircraft in all, mostly maritime/civies)

Is there an airshow to look out for? Preferably in Cali where we shall be staying.(Canada would be out of question-too far away)

With regards to aircraft, I'm all in as long as they are military...and aircraft from mustangs to say, raptors would be GREAT (especially the latter era) Also, whilst loving to see them on the ground, the most important are airshows which have a large share of flying aircraft(not like an open air museum kind of thing, if you know what i mean)

Our dates are as follows:

28th May - 2nd June SAN FRANCISCO

2nd June - 7th June LOS ANGELES

7th June - 11th June SAN DIEGO

12th June- 15th June NEW YORK

Anything to look out for during those dates? Is there a particular airshow which cannot be missed?

Also is there any particular musuem which i can go to where there are tanks/Old fighter aircraft displayed?

Thank you for your time!!

K30
Cornwall
Level Contributor
711 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airshows for 2014 in California

I would recommend googling this!

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
21,095 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airshows for 2014 in California

I Googled it! Looks like you're in luck, while in San Diego!! :

milavia.net/airshows/calendar/showdates-2014…

Edited: 05 May 2014, 12:37
3. Re: Airshows for 2014 in California

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 06:17