We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from L.A to Las Vegas

Perth, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Driving from L.A to Las Vegas

Hello all,

My partner and I are going to America for three weeks. We are going to be travelling from L.A to Vegas at one stage of the journey.

I have been told that I should rent some sort of muscle car just for the experience

Apparently it is cheap enough and worth it. I am looking for a website that I can rent a car from and also any advice on doing this.

Since we are going to be doing this drive (i've always wanted to drive in America) I thought this could be a good chance too.

Thanks

Jerram

Best Seller
Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour
2,257 reviews
from US$99.00*
Best Seller
San Francisco Super Saver: Muir...
1,577 reviews
from US$117.00*
Best Seller
Big Bus San Francisco Sightseeing and...
209 reviews
from US$110.00*
Best Seller
Muir Woods, Giant Redwoods and...
2,472 reviews
from US$62.00*
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
6,219 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from L.A to Las Vegas

Just to give you a bit of background to maybe help you decide:

Most of the way it's an interstate (I-15). For a rural interstate, it's probably got more traffic than most, and I suspect more speed cops. In both California and Nevada (as far as Las Vegas) the speed limit is at most 70mph (according to …wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limits_in_the_Unit… ).

Here's a timelapsed dashcam video of I-15 northbound over Mountain Pass and down to the California/Nevada border at Primm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlcnrAN0q68

Edited: 05 June 2014, 10:29
Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from L.A to Las Vegas

You can rent "muscle" cars in Los Angeles but it's often hard to do a one way trip esp out of state so you'll have to check that first. Btw, it's much nicer to drive a car like that along the coast instead of the boring I15 desert drive to Las Vegasand avoid driving LA to LV on a friday afternoon.

3. Re: Driving from L.A to Las Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 06:16