We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th of July party, where to be for a tourist?

Oslo, Norway
9 posts
Save Topic
4th of July party, where to be for a tourist?

Hello,

I will be in LA during the first week of july and will probably live in West Hollywood.

Where is THE PLACE to be? beach, clubs?

I want to experience the 4th of July party in the best way. I love crazy parties..

Some say its good to live in Venice/ Santa Monica and there is alot of action.

What you think?

Think its a little awkward since Im alone, my friend must work an extra week offshore so he is arriving on the 7 of July...but after some drinks it would not be a problem!

I have no experience at all with 4th party in US, so Im thankful for every answer!

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,446 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4th of July party, where to be for a tourist?

There is no such "main" place.

A nice place to be though is at the Hollywood Bowl concert venue for the annual 4th of July concert and fireworks show.

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4th of July party, where to be for a tourist?

All over California are great celebrations but it ain't a booze party most places if that's what you are looking for.

It's a time for patriotic parades, fireworks, Pancake breakfasts , BBQ & great times.

Two the best in small towns is The Fete in Independence, Ca on the Sierra's Eastern Slope & Weaverville in the Trinity Alps of Far North California. The last one goes the whole week!

Edited: 21 June 2014, 01:28
Southern California
Level Contributor
13,868 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 4th of July party, where to be for a tourist?

Hollywood Bowl, great 4th of July fireworks. Second choice would be a Dodger baseball game if they are playing at home that day and be sure and have a Dodger Dog (grilled, not boiled).

4. Re: 4th of July party, where to be for a tourist?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 07:16