We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to bring spending money

Swindon, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
best way to bring spending money

Hi,

I'm sure this has been asked 100 times before but could anyone advise me the best way of taking money to the US.

obviously I'll take some cash, but as I'm going for my wedding/honeymoon I'm taking a reasonable chunk of money and want to know the best way to take it.

thanks in advance.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
26,788 posts
5,782 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best way to bring spending money

credit card is best and then pay upon return

or if that does not work for you debit card.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best way to bring spending money

There will be times when you need cash. When I'm overseas I use my ATM card to obtain cash although I charge larger purchases. Do not get cash via a credit card.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,064 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best way to bring spending money

As mentioned above your ATM/debit card can be used to withdraw cash .

Yes, there will be charges but considering the amount you spend on a trip they are a very small percentage. Please make sure to tell your bank you are traveling or you will not be able to use your cards here. It is a good idea to have a credit card(not just a debit card) while traveling in the USA.

Swindon, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: best way to bring spending money

That's great. Thanks for all the advice.

5. Re: best way to bring spending money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 01:15