We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on 14 day road trip needed please!

england
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advice on 14 day road trip needed please!

Hi Everyone

My boyfriend and I are looking to visit the USA for the first time in October this year (the first 2 weeks). We will probably hire a car but need to start making some firm plans!

Ideally we would like to fit in, San Francisco (if poss!) LA, Grand Canyon and some of Route 66...

Any tips on route? Places to stay - we want to spend a few days in LA ideally and not be dashing around every day of the break travelling...but I know there is a lot of ground to cover in 2 weeks.

Ideally looking to end the holiday at a place we can relax for a little bit ?

Any help from anyone would be great! Thank you

Mentioned in this post
england
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on 14 day road trip needed please!

oh and maybe Yosemite (or a national park) if possible too??

Mentioned in this post
Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on 14 day road trip needed please!

Where are you flying in/out of? This is a doable list, but it would help to have more details. A very rough plan could be flying in to LA for the first few days, spend 2-3 days driving to Grand Canyon and then a few days in Yosemite and on the San Francisco for the last few days and then fly out of there. It is a lot of driving and you can get some of Route 66 on the way to Grand Canyon. Once you get more definite plans, it would help to check the individual forums for more specific places to eat and stay.

Mentioned in this post
Southern California
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on 14 day road trip needed please!

Budget per night in USD would help also in getting recs for places to stay.

england
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on 14 day road trip needed please!

ok - happy to have a few cheaper places mixed in with some more expensive...so ranging around up to around 180 USD per night but this is flexible as I am not sure what average prices are?>

england
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on 14 day road trip needed please!

Hi - flying from London (likely to be Heathrow)

Am just looking at flights and can see that returns from the same city are cheaper than 2 singles from different cities....which may effect our plans to squeeze San Fran in....mm. Wish I could take more time off work to be able to do a big loop...

6. Re: Advice on 14 day road trip needed please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 06:16