We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Francisco

1 post
Save Topic
San Francisco

Hi guys, I saw a ton of threads similar to this, but none of them had the info I was looking for.

I'm planning a trip for the weekend of December 5th-8th to san Fran, in have visited during spring and summer and it was great but being from so cal, I really want to visit during the fall and see all of the foliage, and capture the true essence of Fall. Since we pretty much have year round spring weather where I'm from.

I am worried I will be too late, in the season and the trees may be baron, and closer to winter "mode".

Any experts care to way in on this, I would greatly appreciate the info.

Also will there be much to do at this time of the month, as far as festivities go?

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
22,564 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Francisco

If you want to see Fall foliage, head up to eastern Sierra. No one comes to SF to see foliage.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
57,317 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Francisco

Well you posted in the Ca forum instead of the SF forum and we're not sure where you are from -- please update your home profile. But you want to come to a city to see Fall colors ? Are you sure ? There are fall colors in Wine Country and as TSS mentioned in the Sierras but it is not the same as it is up North in the midwest and New England.

While technically still Fall, December is the time most leave may have fallen if our rains come early

3. Re: San Francisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 06:17