We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay and what to see

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay and what to see

I will be visiting the San Diego/LA area in June with my husband and two children (6&8). I was looking into recommendations on what to see (SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, Disneyland, California Adventure, Legoland,beaches etc). We will be in the area 1 week. Also, I would like to stay in a Residence Inn and use my points. Does anyone know which is the best for proximity, cleanliness, etc. There are many Residence Inn's in the San Diego area (Mission Valley, Central, Mesa/Sorrento, La Jolla). I want something nice and close to everything. I've never been out to California so I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Stacey

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay and what to see

La Jolla one is conveniently halfway between Sea World and Legoland. Doesn't sound like there's much that you want to do in Los Angeles so I'd say 3 nights Anaheim and 4 nights La Jolla.

Level Contributor
35,002 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay and what to see

I'm not familiar with the Residence Inn, but I do love La Jolla. I would stay in this area. It is very upscale with good shopping on Prospect, the La Jolla Cove and just an all around gorgeous area of San Diego. Try George's at the Cove for dinner if you want a fine dining experience. The Crab Catcher would be good for a family, they have a nice little outdoor patio area with pretty views of the ocean.

You will love SeaWorld, we went for the first time last month and were very impressed with the shows, quality of the exhibits and cleanliness of the park. I have some photos posted here of both La Jolla and SeaWorld. If you don't mind getting wet, try to arrive a little early to sit in the "spalsh zone" at the shows. The first 16 rows in the stadium, it's great fun! Take the Sky Ride over Mission Bay and don't miss the Journey to Atlantis ride! :)

3. Re: Where to stay and what to see

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 09:17