We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nov 27 - 1st Dec best place for snow and Xmas lights

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Nov 27 - 1st Dec best place for snow and Xmas lights

Hi, we are coming over from Australia on a 6 week holiday to a bunch of different places and have just added a last minute change to include Colorado/Denver. We arrive in Denver on 27th of November and want to go straight to one of the mountain towns for 3 nights and will spend the fourth night in Denver to watch the NBA. We won’t have a car and will rely on shuttle service.

We won’t be skiing at all but as we have only seen snow once I would love to go to a town that is likely to have the most snow and a beautiful christmassy feel to it? Breckenridge looks like a great spot but I notice the Lights go on Dec 1.......does that mean there will be no lights before then or will it still have the christmassy vibe end of November?

Can you please help us to choose a town :) we are mainly interested in basic snow activities like snowmobiling, tubing and maybe dog sledding if it’s an option...mostly it’s about seeing snow (rolling in it jumping in it and taking photos of it) and Xmas vibe :)

I should note we are going to Park City for a white Xmas with family so this is just a little snow getaway for the two of us before we meet up with the fam.

Any recommendations would be appreciated...

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Sammamish...
Level Contributor
6,747 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nov 27 - 1st Dec best place for snow and Xmas lights

Have a look at this thread: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28927… They're asking some of the same questions, though they have a car. Too early for snowmobiling, especially with this year's crummy early season snow. Breck just had a foot of snow on Friday, and with nothing much in the forecast for the next week, that seems like a good option for you. I can't speak to the "Christmas vibe".

Edited: 20 November 2017, 01:34
Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nov 27 - 1st Dec best place for snow and Xmas lights

Vail and Beaver Creek will both be lit up for the Holidays. You can take a shuttle from the airport and both of them are walkable areas. I'm surprised that Breck won't have the lights on yet, but every town has a different schedule.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
12,766 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nov 27 - 1st Dec best place for snow and Xmas lights

I was going to suggest historic and charming Main Street Frisco and the Frisco Adventure Park but I am not sure the town of Frisco turns on their holiday lights before December 1 either. I know the official tree lighting is December 1. It might be worth a call to the visitor information center to find out - 1-800-424-1554.

https:/…

https:/…

Reply to: Nov 27 - 1st Dec best place for snow and Xmas lights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted