We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RVing with 3 toddlers(6,4,3)

Franklin Square...
Level Contributor
86 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
RVing with 3 toddlers(6,4,3)

Help! I am pulling my hair out. I think I am now down to a smaller route from Denver but I am stuck on where to go. We will be RVing with are kids and my parents from Denver for 9 days. Here are the stops

-Colorado Springs-1 day

-Canon city-1 day

-Great Sand Dunes-maybe 2 days

Then I want to go to RMNP-Great Lake and through to Estes Park.(2 days) plus one night near the denver airport.

My problem is after the Dunes I want to sleep a night up near Buena Vista to cut on the traveling. Is there something to do for one day around that general area or further up?NO museums or zoos since I am from New York and I can see it here. We are into hikes. I originally wanted to go to Durango ,Ouray and Glenwood Springs but I don't want to be driving a lot. Thanks in Advance.

Glenwood Springs...
Level Contributor
473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RVing with 3 toddlers(6,4,3)

Buena Vista has a cute town area and some room for strolling. They also have rafting, but I am guessing with toddlers, that is not on your list of activities.

I know you don't want to spend too much time driving, but I think you would find the time spent in Ouray well worth the drive time. The drive itself is beautiful and there are a number of activities along the way.

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,178 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RVing with 3 toddlers(6,4,3)

It seems as if you've done a nice job of narrowing things down somewhat, so don't pull too much hair out! There are some good campgrounds around Buena Vista, and you might even consider the KOA in Buena Vista for a night. They have a play area for kids, they also have a stable and do short rides (not sure about age limit). From Buena Vista, you might go on US 285 over to Fairplay with some old buildings from frontier days, then up over Hoosier Pass to Breckenridge. Some hiking around there, maybe a chairlift or gondola lift there or at Keystone, plus other summer activities. That puts you well on your way to Rocky Mtn. National Park, going up either on the West Side or the East Side of the park.

This is a lot more compact a trip than what I think you were first envisioning, but I think you'll really love it. You'll still see some varied and spectacular country, you'll be less rushed, and you'll be doing less driving.

Colorado
Level Contributor
534 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RVing with 3 toddlers(6,4,3)

Just outside of buena vista there is a great hike up to a water fall, it used to be called Angel Falls, but they renamed it -I'll have to check on the name. It is on the way to St. Elmo ghost town -another fun stop with small children. They can feed chipmunks out of their hand, and you can wander around the ghost town.

These stops are both just up the road from the Mt. Princeton hot springs, another fun place to stop with the family!

4. Re: RVing with 3 toddlers(6,4,3)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 07:20